This quiche has a cheesy rice crust instead of a pastry crust, so not only is it a hearty meatless main dish, it’s also gluten free.
- Cooked Long-Grain Rice - 2 cups
- Shredded Reduced-Fat SHarp Cheddar Cheese, divided - 3/4 cup
- Egg substitute, divided - 3/4 cup
- Dried Dillweed - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic Clove, crushed - 1
- Cooking Spray
- Quartered Artichoke Hearts, drained - 1 can
- Fat-Free Milk - 3/4 cup
- Sliced Green Onions - 1/4 cup
- Dijon Mustard - 1 tablespoon
- Ground White Pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
- Green Onion Strips
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine rice, 1/4 cup cheese, 1/4 cup egg substitute, dill weed, salt, and garlic; press into a 9-inch pieplate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes.
Arrange artichoke quarters on bottom of rice crust; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Combine remaining 1/2 cup egg substitute, milk, and next 3 ingredients; pour over cheese.
Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes; cut into wedges. Garnish with green onion strips, if desired.