Baked Cod Piccata with Asparagus
It takes longer for the oven to preheat than it does to prepare this delicious, good-for-you dish. While it’s baking, I throw together a quick salad.
- Fresh Asparagus, trimmed - 1 pound
- Water - 1 cup
- Cod Fillet, cut into four pieces - 1 pound
- Lemon Juice - 2 tablespoons
- Salt-Free Lemon-Pepper Seasoning - 1 teaspoon
- Garlic Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Butter, cubed - 2 tablespoons
- Capers - 2 teaspoons
- Minced Fresh Parsley
Place asparagus in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish; add water. Arrange cod over asparagus. Sprinkle with lemon juice, lemon pepper and garlic powder. Dot with butter; sprinkle with capers.
Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and asparagus is tender. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.