Add to Favourites
- Yield: 45 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 grams
Baked Huevos Rancheros
It’s delicious: saucy, a little spicy (Or not!), and a perfect weekend breakfast or brunch or, while we’re at it, lunch or dinner.
- Olive Oil - 2 tablespoons
- Chopped Onion - 1/2
- Cloves Garlic, chopped - 2
- Ground Cumin - 1/2 teaspoon
- Crushed Tomatoes - 1 can (14 ounces)
- Black Beans, drained - 1 can (14 ounces)
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Eggs - 4
- Chipotle Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Crumbled Feta
- Sliced Radishes
- Cilantro Leaves
- Heat the oven to 375.
- Heat the oil in a 9- or 10-inch oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic until the onion is quite soft and turning golden, about 6 or 7 minutes.
- Add the cumin and the spicy something and sauté just until fragrant – a few seconds – then stir in the tomatoes, beans, and salt. Turn the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally and then more frequently, until thick, around 15 minutes. Taste the sauce, and add more salt if it needs it.
- Use a spoon to make a little well in the sauce, then crack in an egg. Repeat with the remaining eggs, then put the pan in the oven.
- Bake until the eggs are as set as you like them, which will take anywhere from 7 to 15 minutes. Use the baking time to prepare the toppings, then top the finished dish and serve.