Add to Favourites
Buffalo Chicken Salads
Enjoy super-tasty Buffalo chicken that's easier (done in your slow cooker!) and healthier (topping a salad!) than traditional wings.
- Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast Halves - 1 1/2 pounds
- Buffalo Chicken Sauce - 1/2 cup
- Cider Vinegar - 4 teaspoons
- Worcestershire Sauce - 1 teaspoon
- Paprika - 1 teaspoon
- Light Mayonnaise - 1/3 cup
- Fat-Free Milk - 2 tablespoons
- Crumbled Blue Cheese - 2 tablespoons
- Romaine Hearts, chopped - 2
- Whole Grain Croutons - 1 cup
- Very Thinly Sliced Red Onion - 1/2
- Place chicken in a 2-quart slow cooker. In a small bowl stir together Buffalo sauce, 2 teaspoons of the vinegar, and the Worcestershire sauce; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- At serving time, in a small bowl whisk together light mayonnaise, the milk and the remaining 2 teaspoons of vinegar; stir in blue cheese. While chicken is still in the slow cooker, use two forks to pull meat into bite-size chunks.
- Divide romaine among 6 plates. Spoon chicken and sauce over lettuce. Drizzle with blue cheese dressing and top with croutons and red onion slices.