Add to Favourites
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: Varies minutes
- Serving: 5
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 43.3
- Carbohydrate Content: 0.3
- Cholesterol Content: 111.6
- Fat Content: 2.9
- Protein Content: 3.8
- Serving Size: 1
- Sodium Content: 42.7
- Sugar Content: 0.1
Carb Free Cloud Bread
A wonderfully warm taste of bread without the harmful carbs. Yum.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Separate the eggs very carefully, there must be no yolk in the white.
- In one bowl, mix together the egg yolks, the 3 T. of Cottage Cheese OR Cream Cheese and the one packet of Sweetener until smooth.
- In the other bowl add 1/4 teaspoon of Cream of Tartar to the whites and beat the whites on high speed until they are fluffy and form nice peaks.
- Very carefully fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites until mixed, but try and not break down the fluffiness of the egg whites too much.
- Spray two cookie sheets with Pam or other fat-free cooking spray.
- With a large spoon, "scoop" the mixture into 10 even rounds on the sheets (about the size of the top-half of the McDonalds hamburger bun; roughly 3/4 inch thick and 4 to 5 inches across).
- Bake on the middle rack. Here is when you have to watch them, because the cooking time is not the same on any two batches. It is somewhere around 1/2 hour, but it could be less or more. You just need to watch them until them become nice and golden brown (again, the color of a McDonalds bun).
- Remove from the pans and cool on a rack or cutting board.