Chicken with Cherry Pineapple Sauce
Sweet and colorful, this tender, lower-fat chicken dish is simply fantastic! The quick prep time, fresh flavors, cherries and chunks of pineapple will make it a family favorite in no time.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Halves - 4
- Garlic Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground Ginger - 1/4 teaspoon
- Canola Oil - 2 teaspoons
- Unsweetened Pineapple Chunks - 1 can (8-ounce)
- Sweet-and-Sour Sauce - 1/2 cup
- Dried Cherries - 1/4 cup
- Green Onions, sliced - 2
Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt and ginger. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chicken in oil.
Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. In a small bowl, combine the sauce, cherries and reserved juice; pour over chicken.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, turning chicken once. Stir in pineapple and onions; heat through