Add to Favourites
Classic Deviled Eggs
The secret to healthy, creamy deviled eggs with fewer calories is to swap out half the full-fat mayo for nonfat Greek yogurt.
- Large Eggs - 12
- Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt - 1/4 cup
- Mayonnaise - 1/4 cup
- Minced Shallot - 1 tablespoon
- Dill Relish - 1 tablespoon
- Dijon Mustard - 2 teaspoons
- White-Wine Vinegar - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- Ground Pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
- Paprika - 1/3 teaspoon
- Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out the hot water and cover the eggs with ice-cold water. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Peel the eggs and halve lengthwise with a sharp knife. Gently remove the yolks and place in a food processor. Add yogurt, mayonnaise, shallot, relish, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper and process until smooth.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the filling into each egg white half. Just before serving, sprinkle with paprika.