Add to Favourites
Five-Spice Turkey & Lettuce Wraps
Serve with chile-garlic sauce and rice vinegar for extra zip; toss diced mango and strawberries with lime juice for a quick dessert.
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Instant Brown Rice - 1/2 cup
- Sesame Oil - 2 teaspoon
- 93%-Lean Ground Turkey - 1 pound
- Minced Fresh Ginger - 1 tablespoon
- Red Bell Pepper, finely diced - 1
- Water Chestnuts, rinsed and chopped - 1 (8-ounce) can
- Reduced-Sodium Chicken Broth - 1/2 cup
- Hoisin Sauce - 2 tablespoons
- Five-Spice Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Boston Lettuce, leaves separated - 2 heads
- Chopped Fresh Herbs - 1/2 cup
- Large Carrot, shredded - 1
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add rice; reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add turkey and ginger; cook, crumbling with a wooden spoon, until the turkey is cooked through, about 6 minutes. Stir in the cooked rice, bell pepper, water chestnuts, broth, hoisin sauce, five-spice powder and salt; cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- To serve, divide lettuce leaves among plates, spoon some of the turkey mixture into each leaf, top with herbs and carrot and roll into wraps.