Add to Favourites
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Waffles
These gluten-free spiced pumpkin waffles with your choice of toppings are a seasonal favorite.
- Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour - 1/2 cup
- Vanilla-Flavor Whey Protein Powder - 1/2 cup
- Coconut Flour - 1/4 cup
- Flaxseed Meal - 1/4 cup
- Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Arrowroot - 2 teaspoons
- Baking Powder - 2 teaspoons
- Ground Cinnamon - 2 teaspoons
- Baking Soda - 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground Ginger - 1/2 teaspoon
- Unsweetened Almond Milk - 1 cup
- Canned Pumpkin Puree - 3/4 cup
- Egg Whites - 3
- Grapeseed Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Vanilla - 1 teaspoon
- Sugar-Free Maple Syrup
- Lightly coat waffle baker with cooking spray. Preheat a waffle baker on high (the waffle baker needs to be well heated to avoid sticking). Preheat oven to 200°F. Set a wire rack on a baking sheet; place in oven while it's preheating.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine gluten-free all-purpose flour, whey protein powder, coconut flour, flaxseed meal, sugar, arrowroot, baking powder, the 2 teaspoons cinnamon, the baking soda, and ginger.
- In a large bowl whisk together almond milk, pumpkin, egg whites, grapeseed oil, and vanilla. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture; stir until well mixed. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes or until batter thickens.
- Spoon a scant ¼ cup of the batter into each section of the waffle baker; spread batter to cover grids. Close lid quickly; do not open until done. Bake according to manufacturer's directions. When done, use a fork to lift waffle off grid; transfer waffle to wire rack in oven. Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve warm. If desired, serve with syrup, dessert topping, and/or additional cinnamon.