Add to Favourites
Grilled Cajun Chicken Salad
This Grilled Cajun Chicken salad recipe give some flavor to your every day salad.
- Cider Vinegar - 1/4 cup
- Salad Oil - 4 tablespoons
- Water - 1 tablespoon
- Sugar - 2 teaspoons
- Snipped Fresh Thyme - 2 teaspoon
- Onion Powder - 1 1/4 onion powder
- Cayenne Pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Dry Mustard - 1/4 teaspoon
- Black Pepper - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breast - 4 halves, 1-1 1/2 pounds
- Mixed Salad Greens - 6 cups
- Carrot, shredded - 1
- Red Sweet Pepper, cut into bite-size strips - 1
- Green Onion, Sliced - 1
- For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine cider vinegar, 3 tablespoons of the salad oil, the water, sugar, thyme,1/4 teaspoon of the onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon of the cayenne pepper, the garlic powder, and the mustard. Cover and shake well. Chill until serving time.
- In a small bowl combine remaining 1 tablespoon salad oil, remaining 1 teaspoon onion powder, remaining 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, the black pepper, and salt. Brush all of the oil mixture on the chicken.
- Place chicken on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 12 to 15 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink (170 degrees ;F), turning once halfway through grilling time.
- To serve, in a large serving bowl combine salad greens, carrot, red sweet pepper, and green onion. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Add chicken and dressing to salad. Toss to coat. Makes 6 servings.