Grilled Chicken Florentine Pasta
- Bone-in Chicken Breasts, skinned - 2
- Salt, divided - 3/4 teaspoon
- Black Pepper, divided - 3/4 teaspoon
- Cooking Spray
- Uncooked Linguine - 8 ounces
- Canola Oil - 2 tablespoons
- All-Purpose Flour - 3 tablespoons
- Chopped Fresh Garlic - 1 teaspoon
- Whole Milk - 1 cup
- Fat-Free, lower-sodium Chicken Broth - 1 cup
- Parmesan Cheese, grated - 3 ounces
- Fresh Spinach Leaves - 4 cups
Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 8 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand 10 minutes. Carve chicken off bones, and thinly slice.
Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain well; keep warm.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add flour and garlic; cook until garlic is browned (about 2 minutes), stirring constantly. Add milk and broth, stirring with a whisk; bring to a simmer, and cook 2 minutes or until thickened. Add cheese, stirring until cheese melts. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and spinach; stir until spinach wilts. Add pasta and chicken; toss to combine.