Add to Favourites
Low Carb Sage Stuffing
Dressing is always a welcome dish; especially in the cool weather.
- Chopped Celery - 1 Cup
- Chopped Onion - 1 1/2 Cup
- Eggplant - 3 Cups
- Unsalted Butter - 1/4 Cup
- Chicken Broth - 1 1/2 Cup
- Dried Sage - 3 Tbls
- Egg - 1
- Saute the celery and onion in the butter until crisp tender.
- Add the eggplant.
- Saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and the sage.
- Simmer until the liquid is mostly evaporated and eggplant is soft.
- Remove all but 3/4 cup of the mixture to a bowl.
- Simmer the 3/4 cup remaining in the pan in 2/3 cup of broth until very soft. You may need to add a little water if the eggplant needs a longer cooking time.
- Blend the eggplant until smooth.
- Add the egg and blend.
- Mix the eggplant puree and the eggplant cube mixture.
- Check the seasonings.
- Stir in freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Spoon into a greased casserole pan and cover tightly.
- Bake at 375F for 30 minutes or until done.