Add to Favourites
Shrimp & Vegetable Red Rice Salad
This healthy rice salad is loaded with vegetables and protein. Serve it as a healthy dinner or pack it up and take it along for your next picnic.
- Red Rice - 1 cup
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil - 6 tablespoons
- Rice Vinegar - 4 tablespoons
- Finely Chopped Shallot - 3 tablespoons
- Chopped Fresh Parsley - 3 tablespoons
- Dijon Mustard - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Salt - 3/4 teaspoon
- Freshly Ground Pepper to Taste
- Cooked Medium Shrimp - 2 cups
- Packed Coarsely Chopped Baby Spinach - 2 cups
- Halved Cherry Tomatoes - 2 cups
- Thinly Sliced Sugar Snap Peas - 1 cup
- Diced Radishes - 1 cup
- Crumbled Feta Cheese - 1/2 cup
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, whisk oil, vinegar, shallot, parsley (if using), mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- When the rice is done, stir ½ cup of the vinaigrette into it, then spread it on a baking sheet and let cool to room temperature.
- Add the cooled rice to the remaining vinaigrette along with shrimp (or chickpeas), spinach, tomatoes, peas, radishes and feta; gently stir to combine.