Add to Favourites
Spicy Baked Linguine
This recipe calls for salsa, you control the heat level. Plus, you can never go wrong with zucchini, peppers and eggplant!
- Linguine - 1 pound
- Vegetable Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks - 1
- Red Bell Pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks - 1
- Eggplant, peeled & cut into 1-inch chunks - 1
- Light Spaghetti Sauce - 1 jar (26-ounce)
- Salsa - 1 cup
- Shredded Reduced-Fat Mozzarella Cheese - 3/4 cup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cook the linguine according to the package directions; drain, rinse, drain again, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a soup pot over medium-high heat; add the zucchini, pepper, and eggplant. Sauté for 6 to 8 minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce and salsa, then add the linguine and mix well. Place the linguine mixture in the baking dish.
- Top with the cheese and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the linguine is heated through and the cheese is melted.