Add to Favourites
Make your own delicious bread with this recipe!
- Whole-Wheat Flour - 3/4 cup
- All-Purpose Flour - 3/4 cup
- Baking Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Baking Soda - 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
- Ground Cinnamon - 1 teaspoon
- Ground Nutmeg - 1/4 teaspoon
- Large Egg Whites - 2
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Unsweetened Applesauce - 1/2 cup
- Canola Oil - 2 tablespoons
- Lemon Extract - 1/4 teaspoon
- Grated Zucchini, lightly packed - 1 cup, about 8 ounces
- Chopped Walnuts - 2 tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 2 mini 6-by-3-inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
- Whisk whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Whisk egg whites, sugar (or Splenda), applesauce, oil and lemon extract (if using) in a medium bowl. Stir in zucchini.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients; slowly, mix in the zucchini mixture with a rubber spatula. Fold in walnuts. Do not overmix. Transfer the batter to the prepared pans.
- Bake the loaves until a toothpick comes out almost clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for about 5 minutes, then turn out onto the rack to cool completely.